Otolaryngology is a largely specialized treatment. Most of the structures of the head and neck are located in areas of the skull bone. To reach these regions special equipment is often need.
ENT specialists and Otolaryngologists don't often use special tools to diagnose diseases, but above all, use them in a number of therapies. Most aural diseases develop slowly, causing the symptoms to occur gradually.
The most common diseases in the ENT / Otolaryngology include:
- pain and inflammation of the ear
- tendency to collect earwax
- sudden deafness
- Meniere's disease
- otosclerosis (otospongioz)
- polyps in the nasal cavity
- injuries and fractures of the nose
- hypertrophy of tonsils and adenoids
- dizziness and imbalance origin labyrinthine
- Sjögren's syndrome
- head and neck cancers
- ear pain, nasal blockage, persistent tinnitus
- long-term hoarseness
- Chronic inflammation of the pharynx, trachea, bronchi
- mouth breathing
- palpable tumor in the head and neck
- difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- unusual discharge from the ear, nose (eg. with an admixture of blood)
- paresis and paralysis of organs in the head and neck
During otolaryngology examination doctors using of various types of optical equipment to reveal micro structures, or areas inaccessible to human eye. The basic tool for the evaluation of the structures of the external ear and to some extent also of the middle ear, is an otoscope. In some situations it is desirable to use an endoscope or microscope. There are also devices for hearing test receiver (audiometers). To evaluate the nasal cavity the front and rear rhinoscopy is used and also an endoscopy. The study of smell used functional tests involving the observation of the work of cilia lining the nasal cavity.
In turn, the diagnosis of sinusitis using a standard imaging techniques: X-ray or CT. In doubtful, unclear cases, endoscopy or sinus puncture is performed. For larynx and trachea doctors uses a laryngoscope. You can also view these structures, introducing flexible endoscope through the nose or through the mouth by bronchoscope (to bronchitis).
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases: throat, nose, sinuses, ears, and throat in children and adults
- ENT consultation and examination with endoscope, otoscope and tympanometer in children and adults
- ENT consultation regarding surgery procedures
- Electrocoagulation of nose bleeding vessels
- Auricular hematoma drainage
- Peritonsillar Abscess Drainage
- Enucleation stone pipes in submandibular gland
- Removing foreign bodies from the ears, nose, throat
- Removing tongue changes
- Ear dressings, setting up the drain with medication
- Tamponade of the nose bleeding
- Throat rinsing
- Ear rinsing
- Ear, nose, throat swabs etc.